- 2-hour private walking tour of Cambridge
- Customize your sightseeing and enjoy the full attention of a private guide
- Learn about Cambridge’s history, architecture, and university
- Visit colleges like Trinity, Queens’, and Corpus Christi to see their courts and buildings
- Admire stunning King’s College Chapel, The Backs gardens, and other sights
- Entrance fees at own expense
- Price per group, with a maximum of five people
Departure & Return
The meeting point is in front of a store called Fudge Kitchen.
The tour finishes in front of Trinity College, this is approximately four minutes down the road from the meeting point.
What To Expect
Inform your guide if there’s something you want to concentrate on during your explorations. Your tour is private, so your itinerary, from start to finish, can be personalized to reflect your preferences or themes of particular interest.
You may, for example, want to visit some specific university colleges. If so, your guide — many are involved with the university and can provide great insight into its workings and history — will discuss the options, and do everything possible to arrange it. All entrance fees to colleges and other landmarks are at your own expense.
Perhaps choose to visit some of Cambridge’s top draws, such as Trinity College with its grand Tudor gateway, 15th-century Queens’ College, or the 19th-century Bridge of Sighs, a covered stone bridge named after Venice’s similar landmark.
Alternatively, you may want to see inside magnificent King’s College Chapel and stroll through The Backs, the postcard-perfect college gardens along the River Cam, where punters drift along the placid waters.
Or, ask your guide to lead you through the elegant streets and passageways, passing the city's many honey-stoned colleges on route, and admiring sights like the Fitzwilliam Museum, the 17th-century watercourse of Hobson’s Conduit, and impressive Senate House, the setting for the university’s degree ceremonies.
After about two hours of exploring, your guide will bid you goodbye in the city center, leaving you free to continue your sightseeing.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Footprints Tours Limited
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Private 2-Hour Cambridge Walking Tour With University Alumni Guide.